- Timbavati Private Game Reserve
- Luxury Accommodation
- Big Five
- Excellently rated by guests
Nestled within the lush vegetation of Shamwari Private Game Reserve, Sindile at Shamwari Private Game Reserve provides luxury tented accommodation within the wilderness. Opened in August 2016, Machaton Camp is an intimate and exclusive camp offering a secluded and private safari experience. Next, to owning a private safari lodge, there is no more private way to enjoy a safari in the Timbavati.
The camp consists of a main building which features a lounge, kitchen and covered verandah, as well as 3 individual luxury suites. Each suite offers a large en-suite bedroom, a well-appointed bathroom with an outdoor shower, a dayroom with a sumptuous daybed and a large terrace with a newly fitted plunge pool, allowing you to retreat and refresh in secluded luxury.
Privacy is guaranteed thanks to the careful placement of the suites and privacy walls, ensuring a tranquil and intimate stay.
Safaris are conducted in Machaton Camp’s private 4x4 vehicle.
Machaton Camp may be booked either on a sole-use basis or per suite basis and includes a field guide & tracker, butler, chef, housekeeper and groundsman.
- Unique game viewing experience
- Magnificent views
- Big Five
- Situated within the Timbavati Private Game Reserve
- Dining Area
- Limited Wi-Fi connectivity
- Spa Treatments
- Laundry Service
- Plunge Pool
- Viewing Deck
Available: 3 Suites
Unit Sleeps: 4 AdultsShow Room Info
exclusive camp (up to 8 Adults)Book Now What's Included
The lodge offers Big 5 game drives in the early morning and late afternoon/evening, taking advantage of the time of day that the animals are naturally most active. Nocturnal creatures - including the big cats - are regular sightings after dark. Currently over 40 mammal species are listed as resident in the Timbavati, including the Big 5 - Lion, Leopard, Rhino, Buffalo and Elephant, as well as endangered species including Wild Dogs and Cheetah. There is an abundance of birdlife, with a total of 360 species of bird listed.
Your day includes:
- Early morning tea/coffee, a selection of homemade biscuits and rusks served at guests’ option in the suite or on the main patio.
- Game drive (approximately 3+ hours), including a coffee/tea stop in the bush
- Leisure time – enjoy the plunge pool overlooking the dry river bed. Alternatively, relax in the lounge/bar area, avail of the free Wi-Fi on offer, or simply allow your mind to wander while sipping a refreshing cocktail, and watching the wildlife at the Nhlaralumi River.
- Spa treatments (at an additional charge) can be enjoyed on the privacy of your patio or, for couple treatments, at the nearby Simbavati River Lodge’s Spa
- Afternoon/evening game drive (approximately 3+ hours), which includes a bushveld Sundowner break.
INCLUDED IN THE RATES
- Two game drives per day