Lion Sands Game Reserve is a private game reserve situated within the greater Sabi Sand Game Reserve.
It shares open borders with the famous Kruger National Park and is a prime destination for wildlife game viewing.
Visitors can view the big five and cheetahs that are common in the vicinity. Lion Sands Game Reserve is privately owned since 1930s and offers the visitors unique game drive experience.
- Best Time to GoMay to September
- High SeasonOctober to March
(It can get a bit busy)
- Less crowded part of Sabi Sands
- Guided walks and night drives
- Can go off-road for a close up animal encounters
- Quality guides offer varied wildlife-viewing activities
- Superb wildlife viewing with abundance of big five
- Four lodges to choose with different themes and budget
Wildlife viewing in Lion Sands Game Reserve is amazing and there are plenty of game drives during the day and night. You can encounter leopards, cheetahs, and the big five up close by driving off-road.More About the Wildlife
The general landscape is woodland savanna and the vegetation is dense. However, despite the hindrances, sighting animals in Lion Sands Game Reserve is easily and abundant.
Weather & Climate
The dry winter season is during May to September, which is also the best time to visit Lion Sands Game Reserve.More About the Weather and Climate
Best Time to Visit
Best time to visit Lion Sands Game Reserve is during the dry winter season, as temperatures remain comfortable and you can view a cluster of animals near water sources.More About the Best Time to Visit